北米版ファイアーエムブレム聖魔の光石 "the Sacred Stones" の支援会話（ロス/ユアン）。
Support level C
- Here you are. I finally tracked you down.▼
- Hi. Um. Who are you?▼
- I'm Ross. You?▼
- I'm Ewan.▼
- Hey, Ewan. Nice to meet you.▼
I've been looking for someone around my age.
Let's hang out sometime, OK?▼
- Sure, but do we have to wait until
"sometime"? How about now?▼
- What are you saying?
We're in the middle of a battle!▼
- The others are fighting well, so the
two of us won't make much difference.▼
Besides, even though I just started using
magic the other day, I'm pretty good.▼
If something does happen, we'll be OK.▼
- Well, I'm pretty confident in my
But, you know--how to put this delicately--
it's the matter of morale.▼
- You certainly are dedicated.
That's a surprise.▼
- Why don't you prove your dedication
by answering this brainteaser?▼
- Like a riddle? Sounds fun!▼
- Yes. It'll be really fun to watch you
struggling to come up with an answer. Ha!▼
- Hey! What's that supposed to mean?
Well, whatever. Let's do it.▼
- OK, here it is.
Ross, do you know what a balance is?▼
- Of course I do! Who doesn't?▼
It's a type of scale with small plates
on both sides to put weights.▼
When both sides are the same weight,
So that was the riddle? Easy!▼
- Ha ha ha! You're too funny! No, that was
just the setup for the brainteaser.▼
Here's the real question.
Assume there are 25 pebbles.▼
- Yes, they're really small. As small as peas.
They are all the same color and shape.▼
In this group, there's one pebble that's
lighter than all the other pebbles.▼
- And I must tell you the way to
find that pebble?▼
- Of course not.
What kind of challenge is that?▼
The question is, how many times do you need
to use the balance to find that one rock?▼
- How many times? Uh...
It's not...24, is it?▼
Oh! Ha ha ha ha ha!
That's the first time I've heard that one!▼
I see. So you were thinking that you'd
measure the pebbles one by one!▼
That's great, Ross! You're too funny!▼
- That's not a compliment, is it.
You think I'm an idiot!▼
- That's not true.
Actually, it is. Ha ha ha!▼
And did I mention how
perceptive you are, too?▼
- Oh, you! Just you wait! I'll figure it out!
I just need some time to think about it.▼
- The anticipation is killing me.▼
Support level B
- Hey, you!▼
- Oh, hi, Ross.▼
- I have an answer for your brainteaser!▼
- You got it, huh? That's amazing!▼
The answer is...▼
- Yes, yes?▼
- Four times!▼
- You must have worked really hard to figure
- See! See! I told you I'd get it!
Fighting's not the only thing I'm good at.▼
- However, that's not the correct answer.▼
- What do you mean?
I can't believe it! Ugh!▼
If that's not the right answer, then
- You were close.
The right answer is three times.▼
- Only three times?
How? Tell me!▼
- The key is how many pebbles you put on the
scales at first.▼
First, put eight rocks each on either side
of the scale.▼
The side with the lighter rock will be
higher than the other, right?▼
Or, if the sides are balanced, it means that
the lighter rock is in the rest of the pile.▼
So that was one turn on the balance.
The rest is pretty easy to figure out.▼
Let's assume that the lighter rock was
in the remaining pile of nine rocks...▼
Then you'd put three rocks on each side of
the scale. So that's the second turn.▼
If either side of the scale tips, then
the rock is in one of those two piles.▼
If the scale is balanced, then the rock
is one of the remaining three rocks.▼
So, now you've figured out which group
of three pebbles has the lighter one.▼
What you do now is put one rock from
this pile on each side of the scale.▼
If the scale is balanced, then the
remaining pebble is the lighter one.▼
And that was the last turn on the
scale. Did you get all that?▼
- Huh? Well, I think I got it...▼
- What?! I just explained it all very clearly.
You still don't get it? That's really...▼
- Really what?!▼
- Um, nothing. Forget it. A ha ha ha ha!▼
- "A ha ha ha" what?
What do you mean "forget it"?▼
- Anyway, it's been fun hanging out.
Let's get together again sometime, OK?▼
- It wasn't fun for me at all! Hey!▼
Support level A
- Hi, Ross.▼
- Oh, it's you again.▼
- That brainteaser was fun, huh?
Did you get it yet?▼
- I already told you I didn't
have any fun!▼
If that's what you consider fun, you
must have had a pretty bad childhood!▼
- Well, I was an orphan.▼
- My sister and I were abandoned when I was
really young, before I could even talk.▼
She became a dancer and raised me all on
I'm really grateful for her.▼
- You were an orphan?▼
I-I'm sorry. I had no idea.▼
- How could you know? Don't worry about it.
I don't even remember being abandoned.▼
And because of that, I got a chance to
travel around, and meet lots of people.▼
Like you. So, I'm not sad at all.▼
- I see...▼
Hey, I just had a great idea.
Let's be brothers?▼
- Huh?! Like blood brothers? I'm really not
into slicing myself up for people I just met.▼
- No, no, no. Just, you know, brothers!
Now call me "Bro," Bro!▼
- Um... OK...Bro.▼
- Say it like you mean it!
Oh, never mind. It'll just sound forced.▼
- I told you so.▼
- Well, just call me Ross for now.▼
But, you can consider me a brother
from now on.▼
- What do you mean by that?▼
- I mean that I will be a friend who
you can rely on and trust completely.▼
- That's very kind, considering I really
haven't known you for very long.▼
But thank you. You're a nice guy, even
if you're not very sharp.▼
- Hey! No need to insult me!
A simple "Thanks, Bro" will be enough!▼
- Ha ha ha ha ha. You're so funny!
By the way, do you have a girlfriend?▼
- W-what! Of course not! Did you forget?
We're in the middle of a war right now!▼
I have to focus on that!▼
A ha ha ha ha!▼
- What's that for?
How about you? Do you have one?▼
- I have a lot of them!▼
- What?! A lot of them!
Oh well. We're still pretty young.▼
Better to not get tied down.▼
- Good luck, Ross!▼
- Don't talk like it's not your problem, too!▼
- Hey, Ross.▼
I think we're going to be friends for a long
time. In fact, I know it.▼
- OK. Boy, you're such a laid-back guy...▼