Chapter 5: Flight!
北米版ファイアーエムブレム蒼炎の軌跡「Path of Radiance」の章会話（第5章 脱出）。
- Father! Brother! It's that lady
Ike rescued... She's awake!▼
- Come on. Let's greet our guest.▼
- So, how are you feeling?▼
- Oh, I...
And you are?▼
- The name's Greil. I'm the commander
of this mercenary company.▼
- My lord Greil... You are the one who
came to my aid, are you not?
I don't know how to thank you...▼
- Hold on. The one who found you
and brought you here is my son, Ike.
If you want to thank someone, thank him.▼
- No, please, that's not--▼
- Lord...Ike, was it?
You have my gratitude.▼
- Pardon my bluntness, but I have some
questions for you. Tell me, who are you?
What were you doing in that place?▼
- The place where Ike found you was
evidently the site of a fierce battle
between Crimean and Daein forces.▼
Do you have some relation to the Crimean
- I make no promises, but we may be able
to help you. Will you share your story
- You took me in and cared for me.
I will...place my trust in you.▼
My name is Elincia Ridell Crimea.
I am the daughter of
King Ramon of Crimea.▼
- You say you are the princess of Crimea?▼
- That's an odd claim to make.
I've never heard of King Crimea
having any children.▼
- That is...to be expected.
My heritage, my very existence,
has never been made public.▼
- Why's that?▼
- To avoid national turmoil.▼
You see, I was born after my uncle,
Lord Renning, was named as successor to
the throne. So...▼
- They kept you a secret to avert a possible
blood feud. Yes, I'm willing to accept
that for the time being.▼
Very well, let's suppose that you
truly are Princess Crimea.▼
You must know what's become of the king
and your uncle. I would like to hear
- ...My father and my mother
are dead... They fell at the hand of
Ashnard, King of Daein...▼
My lord uncle and the royal knights
are still battling the Daein army, I believe.▼
- I see.▼
- ...I...fled the castle...to follow
my lord uncle's orders and seek
refuge in the kingdom of Gallia...▼
- In Gallia?▼
- ...Yes. We believed that King Caineghis
would grant me sanctuary. So that's
where I was going...▼
But we were discovered by Daein
troops, and I lost my escort of knights...▼
My life--the life I have now--
was purchased...with the blood of
those brave knights...▼
- Does King Daein know of your
- Yes. I was told the royals of each nation
were informed of my identity in the event
of dire circumstances...▼
- If that's the case, they must be
searching frantically for you.▼
- Master Greil, my lord Ike, you said
that you were mercenaries, did you not?▼
Please... Would you help me to gain Gallia?▼
I beg of you! I have...no one...no one
else to turn to.▼
- Princess Crimea? Truly?▼
- Father spoke to her as if he
believed she were telling the truth.▼
- I see...▼
- What is it, Titania?▼
- Mm, it's nothing. I was just
remembering something from the past.▼
- From the past? Back when you
were still a Crimean royal knight?▼
- What? How do you know about that?▼
- A long time ago, I overheard Shinon and
some others talking about it.▼
- They keep such loose tongues.▼
- Was it a secret?▼
- No, it wasn't, but... Much like I have
more experience than you, I also
have many more things to worry about.▼
- Like Princess Crimea?▼
- Well...yes. I myself was unaware
of the princess's existence, but...▼
Now that I think about it, she does bear a
striking resemblance to both the king
- So she probably is the true princess.
I wonder what Father will do.▼
Will he take on her request?▼
- We've got trouble!
Outside! There are soldiers!
A lot of them!▼
- Is everyone here?▼
- Commander, what are the
Daein dogs saying?▼
- "Turn over Princess Crimea and leave
the area immediately. Comply now, or
we will attack." Pretty straightforward.▼
- What are we going to do?▼
- That's what we're here to decide.
One thing has been made clear by
the arrival of our friends outside.▼
- So, I would say this confirms her
identity as Princess Crimea, wouldn't you?▼
- Yes, but what do we do now? I'd like to
hear the opinion of everyone here.▼
Titania, I'd like to hear from you first.▼
- The blame for the war rests on Daein.
If we ally ourselves with them, the
company's reputation will surely suffer.▼
Conversely, if we deliver Princess Crimea
safely, our stock will rise in the eyes of
our primary employers. Our road is clear.▼
- Soren, how about you?▼
- There's nothing to think about.
We must deliver the princess to
- Even if Crimea is in the right?▼
- We are mercenaries. Our actions are
dictated only by self-interest.▼
If we want to ensure our future, we need
Daein in our debt. They will win this war,
after all, and nothing else serves us better.▼
- Shinon? Gatrie?▼
- Soren's a pompous, superior whelp,
but he's got the right idea.▼
Besides, the destination's Gallia,
so it's a moot question.▼
I don't care how much we get paid;
there's no way under the sun I'm
going to stinking beast country.▼
- Princess Elincia... She does possess
a certain regal beauty... There's a lot to be
said for that, you know.▼
However, I do prefer country girls...
A bit cuter, and not quite so standoffish...
Oh! Forget I said that.▼
Whatever you decide is good for
me, Commander. Yep, uh-huh, yep...▼
- Oscar, Boyd, what about the
two of you?▼
- I agree with Captain Titania.▼
If we turn the princess over to the
Daein army, we're essentially giving
them permission to kill her.▼
- I'm in favor of helping her.
That's what heroes are supposed to do.▼
- Well, Rhys? What's your opinion?▼
- I believe...that none of this hinges on
whether she's a princess or not.▼
Refusing to aid someone in need
is not something we should ever do.
That's what I think.▼
- That's right! Let's help her!▼
- Please! We have to help her!▼
- And what about you, Ike?▼
- I agree with Titania. I say we help her
and take her to Gallia.▼
- I see. I think I know where you all stand.▼
Well then, here's my decision.▼
We escort the princess to Gallia.▼
- ...Are you sure that's for the best, Father?▼
- Yes. Besides, I think the choice has
been taken out of our hands.▼
- Open your ears and listen.
Listen! All of you.▼
...What is it?▼
I don't hear a thing...▼
- Idiot! That's the problem.
Don't you think that's a bit odd?
Complete silence, in all four directions.▼
- Oh, so that's what you're
- Not only are the animals quiet, but the
bugs are silent, too. And that is
unnatural beyond belief. Which means...▼
- We're surrounded. The soldiers aren't
waiting for an answer. They already
decided to attack.▼
- It would appear they had no
intention of keeping their side of
the proposed bargain.▼
- They were planning on lulling us into a
false sense of security and destroying
every one of us.▼
- Probably so. But the deal is, we're
not so naive or inexperienced as to fall
for their trap.▼
Everyone, take your positions!
We're going to settle this right now!▼
- I'll go and hold the rear entrance.▼
Ike! You're in command here!
Don't let the enemy take the front.▼
- ...Got it! Be careful, Commander!▼
- Hah. I'll give it a shot.▼
- Reporting in, sir!
The mercenaries have taken up arms
and formed up in the bailey!▼
- Oh...so they've sniffed out our
plan, have they?▼
Which means they're not an
opponent that will be easily fooled.
We'll need something special.▼
- Shall we continue with
the planned attack?▼
- No... Princess Crimea is somewhere
within that fort.▼
If we use flaming arrows to try to
smoke them out, we might bring
the princess to harm.▼
We've been told to do our best
to deliver her alive and uninjured.▼
It would be preferable if they were to
come out of their own accord. If
they do, slay all but the princess!▼
- Yes, sir!▼
- Are you the commander of this
Order your men to retreat,
and I'll you escape with you life.▼
- Don't push your luck,
- What's going on? Weren't they
supposed to be completely
- I...don't believe it...
What went wrong...▼
- General Dakova!▼
No, not...the general...
Not at the hands of these scum...
I will not allow it!▼
Aaaaah! Face me, and breathe
your last, you wretched scum!▼
- General Dakova's gone...
We're being beaten...
We... We don't stand a chance.▼
Retreat! Quickly now, retreat!▼
- We've cleared the surrounding area
of Daein troops.▼
- There's no question about it. We're enemies
of the Daein kingdom now, aren't we?▼
- We've no time for rest! Everyone,
pack your things now! We leave at once,
before the enemy brings reinforcements!▼
Boyd! Come with me.▼
- Right behind you, Brother!▼
- Ah! We've got to hurry, too!
Come on, Rolf! We've got to pack as
much food and supplies as we can!▼
- Uh, whatever you say!
Let's go, Mist!▼
- Titania! Take Shinon and Gatrie
and make sure we have a secure road
from here to the great forest.▼
We'll make our way to Gallia through
the sea of trees.
- On my way, sir!▼
- Rhys, you stay with me.▼
I want you to help me pull essential
documents from the library.
Everything else we burn.▼
- Y-yes, sir!▼
- Ike! You're in charge of the princess.▼
- All right.▼
- Princess Elincia!▼
I'm going to ready a horse for you.
What should we have you do...
I know--go to the mess hall.▼
- I'm sorry?▼
- Time will go by faster if you're helping
Mist than it will if you're just sitting
around waiting for me.▼
- Oh, I understand.
I can do that!▼
- Sorry, this is kind of awkward.
Making a princess help with packing...▼
- Please don't worry, Mist.
I just hope that I don't end up slowing
you down by getting in your way.▼
- Don't be silly! You're so much better
at this than I am. It's a big help!▼
Are all princesses as good
at this sort of thing as you are?▼
- Ha ha! I wasn't raised at court, so my life
was a bit different than other princesses.▼
I cooked, cleaned, sewed... Why,
I did all manner of things.▼
- Really? That's surprising.
I would never have guessed that
by looking at you.▼
- Let's see, I also rode horses, practiced
What's that around your neck?▼
- What? Oh, ah...▼
- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...▼
- ...I guess I can show it to you,
- Oh... It's a lovely... That's an incredible
medallion, isn't it? I wonder what that
- It used to belong to my mother. It's all I
have to remember her by. Hmm... I don't
know where the light comes from.▼
It didn't used to be like that.
A while back, it just started glowing.▼
- The world is full of mysteries, isn't it?
One thing is clear, though... It certainly
- I wonder what that light means...▼
- What? What did you just say?
I think I must be hearing things.
I thought you said, "They got away."▼
- It appears treating them as ordinary
mercenaries was a mistake.▼
If they're strong enough to defeat
General Dakova, we rank and file were
overmatched from the beginning.▼
- So? You tucked your worthless tail
and came running back here, is that it?▼
Have you forgotten the Daein army's motto?
"Success or failure, life or death." Hey,
you! Get this trash out of here!▼
- Yes, ma'am!
Move it, you.▼
- Noooo! P-please! I don't
want to die!▼
- Dog's breath! I'm surrounded
by worthless imbeciles.▼
- Tell me which way we should move to
catch these mercenaries and the girl.▼
- ...The Crimean capital, Melior, is already
under King Ashanrd's control... The remnants
of the Crimean army are neglible...▼
Which means the only place left for the
princess to turn is south, to the kingdom
- Hah! So the girl, like her dead father
before her, seeks the friendship of
those hairy devils, eh?▼
What an absolutely stupefying
world we live in.▼
- If she gains sanctuary in Gallia, capturing
the princess will become that much
...The mercenaries she has escorting
her are a powerful group, not one
to be taken lightly.▼
I will gather intelligence on them as
- It's not necessary.
I will head up the pursuit of our
- General Petrine, you will go...yourself?▼
- If we know where the princess and her band
are headed, there's no need for subtlety.
I'll just hunt them down and kill them.▼
Mercenaries? Hah! What're they to me?
Remember, I am General Petrine!▼
No matter who I face, I have never
failed, nor will I ever! Ha ha ha...▼