Chapter 3: Pirates Aground
北米版ファイアーエムブレム蒼炎の軌跡「Path of Radiance」の章会話（第3章 海賊討伐）。
- You wanted to see me, Father?▼
- Sit down, Ike.▼
We haven't had a chance to speak yet.▼
Titania told me what happened while I was
gone... About the kidnappings. About my
own men disobeying Titania's direct orders.▼
- I was the one who left first.
I'll take responsibility for everything.▼
- No fair playing the martyr! Nobody made
me go with you. I left of my own free will!
I'm ready to accept my punishment, too!▼
Wait, what am I saying?▼
- Please, Commander Greil!
Titania entrusted me with her orders. If
anyone's to blame for this mess, it's me.▼
I'm the one who should be punished...▼
- I set a poor example, Commander Greil.
Any punishment should be mine alone.▼
- I'm pleased to see that you are willing to
shield one another. However...▼
Regardless of your reasons, you disobeyed
the orders of a superior officer. You are
confined to quarters for ten days.▼
- But, Father! They did what they did
to help me and Rolf!▼
- Rules exist for a reason, Mist. Men won't
survive on a battlefield if they do as they
wish without so much as a by-your-leave.▼
- ...I understand.
And accept the reprimand.▼
- That being said, we've got more work
than we can handle. Your punishment
is deferred until things calm down.▼
You come with me.▼
- Shinon, Gatrie,
and you, Ike.
You're with me.▼
- Yar har ho!
Me belly's emptier 'n me first mate's
head! Fetch me some grub!▼
- That's the pirate ship is question, isn't it?▼
- Aye. They sailed into port a few days ago
and have been causing trouble ever since.▼
I pray that you and your companions
can drive them away.▼
- I understand. We'll do all we can.▼
- Feathering sea scum is like shooting apples
off a tree. Let's do the job and
get out of here.▼
- Ho, Deputy Commander! You want standard
thunder and lightning maneuvers here?▼
- Er... Thunder and lightning?▼
- Yeah! I crash into 'em like thunder, and
Shinon rains arrows down on 'em like
- Sounds good.▼
- What should I do?▼
- Let's hold back and let Shinon
and Gatrie soften them up.▼
Once they've whittled down the numbers,
we'll all rush the ship and wipe out
Are you all ready?
Greil Mercenaries, move out!▼
- On my way!▼
- Here we go!▼
- Hey! You! Boat monkey!
You tricked me, didn't you?▼
- Tricked ye? What a vile and nasty
thing that is to be sayin'.
Don't ye agree, matey?▼
- Yar, that I do! There be nothing but
honest pirates aboard this ship, missy.▼
- You said you knew the whereabouts of
my older brother. That's why
I came all the way to your ship.▼
- Aye, and we do know! He was on
board for a while, and then... Do
ye recall where he went, matey?▼
- Yar, that I do. He was a penniless
oaf, so we tossed his worthless
carcass into the rolling waves.▼
Yar har ho!▼
- My... My brother?
- Horrid? Did ye say horrid?
Yer scurvy brother was the horrid one!
He lost a game o'chance, he did.▼
If ye lose, ye must pay...
And the scallywag tried to cheat me!
By Chanty Pete he did!▼
- Arr, calm yerself, me hearty!▼
- After all, his darling sister's come to
pay us a visit. What say ye
work off yer brother's debt?▼
- What say I run you through with
my lance and call it a day?!▼
- Yo ho har!
It matters not that ye be a
pegasus knight, lassie.▼
- A wee minnow like yerself is no
match for us sea dogs!
Prepare yourself, ye flying wench!▼
- Pfff! I'm not afraid of you, clambake!
If your axe is as dull as your wit,
this will be over in no time!▼
- This town seems quite unruly, wouldn't
you say? Is it always this dangerous?▼
Oh... So it's plagued by pirates, is it?
I see. That would explain why the
people here seem so anxious.▼
You appear to be a mercenary.
Would I be right in supposing that you were
hired to clean out the pirates?▼
Here, perhaps you should take this.
It might help you if you run into trouble
contending with the pirates. But do hurry.▼
I came all this way to see the world-famous
fish market, and I'll never do so with those
ruffians around. Best of luck to you.▼
（You got a Elixir）
- Oh, crackers! There's too many of them.
I don't want to die here...
Brother...this might be the end!▼
- Hey! Are you all right?▼
- ...So cold...So... Huh?▼
- Don't give up!▼
- Wh-who are you?▼
- I'm a mercenary. The villagers
hired us to get rid of these pirates.▼
- Are you... Are you going
to help me?▼
- Of course. Let me and my companions
take it from here. You can escape
while the pirates are distracted.▼
- Oh, hey, that would be fantastic! Thanks
so much! I don't know what to say.▼
- You don't have to say anything.
It's all in a day's work.▼
- Pshaw! You're helping me out!
I should show my gratitude somehow.▼
- That's...nice, but I can't think of
anything off the top of my head. Just get
yourself somewhere safe, please.▼
- Well then... I'll come talk to you
about repaying my debt later.▼
What's your name, handsome?▼
- Um... I'm Ike. I'm with the Greil
- Ike! Got it! And I am Marcia, a pegasus
knight of Begnion. Don't forget me!▼
All right, I'll be seeing you later!▼
- Give back what you've stolen form the
good folk here and set sail.▼
- Yahar har harrrr!
Now I know yer tetched
in the head, lassie!▼
We show 'em our axe an' say "Arrrr,"
and the gold and grub come rainin'
down. We'll not be givin' this up!▼
- I see... Look like we'll have to rely
on force of arms, then.▼
- Yahar har harrr! Yer bustin' me
gut, ye rudderless fool!▼
Do ya truly think ye can face me
mighty axe and live?▼
- Yaaaarr...arrr... Help me...▼
- We've driven off all the pirates.
Your people will suffer no more
indignities at their hands.▼
- Oh! That is joyful news!
Here is your pay, as promised.▼
- Thank you very much. And if you find
yourself in need again, do not hesitate
to send word.▼
- Of course, of course.
All of you put on a most marvelous
show--such combat skills!▼
To be honest, I was expecting Commander
Greil to be here today.▼
When I saw just you, nothing more
than, no offense, a band of children...
Well, I will admit to being a tad nervous!▼
- I apologize for troubling you.
Unfortunately, Commander Greil had other
pressing matters to attend to.▼
- Oh, no. Don't apologize. There's no need.
After all, you got rid of those brigands,
and you did it impeccably well!▼
- It's a fine compliment you pay, sir,
but it was our pleasure.▼
- As a matter of fact, you're more than
good enough to be in the royal army
if you so desired.▼
Especially your Commander Greil.
He's far and away better than most
any general I've seen hereabouts.▼
Er... What I mean to say is...
Don't you think running off pirates is
a bit...beneath you?▼
- That's not--▼
- Don't get me wrong, now. You certainly
helped all of us simple folk out.▼
Even so, it seems to me the proper place
for you and your Commander Greil is
in the service of the Crimean throne!▼
Well, that's what this old man thinks.▼
- We--and Commander Greil--are quite
satisfied with the work we do now.▼
- You've nary a selfish bone among you.▼
Well then, rest assured we'll speak again
if any problems arise. Thank you again.▼
- Titania? Is something amiss?▼
- No, of course not.
Our mission is complete, and that's
all that matters.▼
You did well today, every one of you.▼
- Pah! Jobs like this barely make a
dent in my incurable boredom!▼
It's like that old buzzard said,
there's better work out there.
Something with a bit of challenge.▼
- I'm joking. J-O-K-ing.▼
- Come, Titania.▼
Be honest. Don't you find the work
we do to be a bit...
- What? You too, Gatrie?
What's gotten into you?▼
- Please! Look, we're not a band of money-
hungry recruits. We're professionals, and
we're very good at what we do.▼
Shinon and I have discussed this at length.
All of this mundane mercenary work is
unworthy of us. We're wasting out talents.▼
- I see. You're telling me that you
think Commander Greil is mismanaging
us. Do I have that right?▼
- Whoa! Hold it right there!
That's not what I'm saying at all!▼
- What is it, Titania?▼
- What's what?▼
- You seem so angry.
It's not like you.▼
Ike's got the right of it!▼
- It's just that I... Look, we do
good work, and we help people.
I want you to be proud of that.▼
I felt like you were saying work that
doesn't bring fame or fortune
isn't worth doing, that's all. Sorry.▼
- No...you're right. We are the ones
who ought to apologize.▼
- Enough. Let's get going, shall we?
Rest is part of our jobs, too. We can't
go into the next battle exhausted.▼
- Now that's a plan!
I'm so hungry, I could eat a
- What is it?▼
- If you're looking for pride...I have it.▼
- You and my father have kept
this mercenary group together.▼
And I'm...just...proud to be
a part of it. That's all.▼
- Pah. I'm surrounded by idealistic
fools. What's so wrong with fame? What's
wrong with having money to live well?▼