Chapter 2: Rescue
北米版ファイアーエムブレム蒼炎の軌跡「Path of Radiance」の章会話（第2章 救出）。
- Oh, Titania. So this is where
you've been, is it?▼
- Rhys! Are you sure you're well
enough to be up?▼
- Yes. My fever's completely gone.▼
- Are you sure? You still look a bit
unsteady on your feet if you ask me.▼
- Well, I've been in bed for almost
a week. I doubt anyone would be
in top form--even you, my friend!▼
- I certainly hope that's all it is.
In any case, until you're back at
full speed, you won't be doing any work.▼
We're mercenaries, after all, and...▼
- "Even the smallest lapse invites death".
Right? I know, I know.▼
My apologies to the rest of the team, then.
It looks like I'll be recuperating for a
- Mm, it's for the best. Take your time
and get fully rested and restored.▼
You are our sole staff wielder, Rhys...
The harder our work, the more we
depend on you to be at our sides.▼
- Thank you for your kind words.▼
- Oh, by the way... That paper you've
been carrying around... Is it a letter?▼
I'd intended to go into town this afternoon.
I can deliver it for you if you like.▼
- Oh, no. This is a letter for
- For me?▼
- Not more than a little while ago, I went
out for a walk around the yard and...▼
A man I've never seen before came up
to me and said...
"Give this to the red-tressed knight".▼
- How curious... I wonder what it is.▼
- I imagine it's a thank-you letter from
the people of Caldea or something
to that effect.▼
- Oh, no!
How dare they!?▼
- Titania? What's the matter?
What did the letter say?▼
- ...Rhys! Take this letter to
Oscar, and tell him to prepare
for combat and wait for me!▼
I have to go out for a moment.▼
- Uh, but, Titania?▼
- I'll be right back!
I'm counting on you!▼
- What on earth could that
letter have said?▼
- Everyone! Come quickly!▼
- Hey, Rhys. So,
how are you feeling?▼
- What is it? Why are you so agitated?▼
- Has something happened?▼
- It's Mist and Rolf...
They... They've been taken by bandits!▼
- What are you talking about?▼
- The two of them went out early this
morning to gather wildflowers...
Sure, they're not back yet, but...▼
- Earlier, by the gate...a man asked
me to deliver a letter to Titania.
It was from a group of bandits-- kidnappers.▼
What are we going to do?▼
- Let me see it.▼
- Oh, if only I'd known...
He didn't seem like a bad person...▼
- Hm. I get it. They're after revenge.
They want retribution for the other
day at that village... Caldea, was it?▼
Hm. Taking children as hostages?
- Wait, Ike!
Where... Where do you think
- I'm going to get Mist!▼
- But... No! Titania...
She said she'd be right back. You're
supposed to get ready and wait for her...▼
- And do you honestly think we've got
time to wait? I'm going!▼
- What do you think you're going to
do on your own, rookie?
Hold it! I'm going, too!▼
- Stop! Both of you!
I...I'm going with you.▼
- Oh, c'mon! Wait! This is
crazy! Do you think you can just
ignore the deputy commander's orders?▼
- The road forks here...
Well, which way do we go?▼
- How am I supposed to know that?▼
- Hold it! Are you saying you don't
know where we're going?▼
You'd better learn to think before you
act, you moron!▼
- Shut your mouth, Boyd!▼
- You think you can make me? Come on!▼
- B-both of you,
this is no time to be fighting.▼
- I figured we'd find you like this.▼
- What are you two doing?▼
So you're coming after all? It's not
like you two chambermaids to be disobeying
orders. What's the world coming to?▼
- Oscar, you know this road, don't you?
Which way do we go?▼
- You're going to the bandits' stronghold,
right? It's the left fork.▼
- Got it!▼
- I'm still talking here!
Let me finish what I--▼
- Come on, Oscar. Let's go, too!▼
- I guess we've no choice.▼
- Uh... HEY!
You're not leaving me behind!▼
- So you came, did you, boys?▼
Is it just you, then? You came alone?
You seriously underestimate what
we're capable of doing to you.▼
Now, where's that snobby, red-haired wench
you ride with?▼
- Titania's not here.
It's just us.▼
All I want to know right now
is whether Mist and Rolf are safe.▼
- Yeah, of course.
We've got 'em locked up safe and
sound in that little shack back there.▼
We got no problem with those brats.▼
What we're after is a little revenge.
We want the redhead and her pups.
And that'd be you boys.▼
- Then hurry up and let those two go!
We're here, aren't we? You've got
no more reason to hold them.▼
- You're here, but Red ain't.
We'll just keep the brats
until she arrives.▼
- Dang it!▼
- If you're so impatient, I guess
we can start by killing you whelps.
You all ready to die?▼
Hey! Come on out!
It's time to play, lads!▼
- There... There are so many...
But...we must not lose!▼
- Rhys, move to the rear!
If anyone gets injured, we'll
need you on hand with your staff.▼
- Take 'em, lads!
Without the red-haired knight,
they're no match for us!▼
- What'd you say, dirtbag?▼
- We'll make you regret those words!▼
- Keep your chin up, Rolf!
Boys aren't supposed to cry!▼
- But...I'm so scared...
Aren't you even a bit scared, Mist?▼
- Of course I am, but...
Listen, we'll be fine! My brother
will definitely come rescue us.▼
- Mm...yeah. You're right!
And I'm sure that my brothers
will be right there with him.▼
- I'm sure they will, too!
So no more crying! Got it?▼
- I'm sure I told them to wait for me...
I should have known they'd disobey
orders. They have no discipline...▼
As deputy commander of the Greil
Mercenaries, I cannot allow any
more of our people to be harmed.▼
- Titania! I, uh... I'm sorry.
I ran off on my own without...▼
- We'll talk about it later.
For the time being, keep
you mind on the battle, Ike.▼
- Will you let the two of them go now?▼
- Sure, you can hove 'em both.
If you can beat me, that is!▼
- Graaw! We won't lose,
not to the likes of you!▼
- This... This can't be...
I don't deserve to lose
to sellsword like you...▼
- All right! Somehow we did it.▼
- Somehow? What do you mean, somehow?
We did it because we're better
- Boyd, calm yourself.▼
What you DID...was in direct defiance of
the orders I explicitly gave you. How it
all turned out is another issue altogether.▼
- Deputy Commander, I take full
responsibility. The failure is mine...▼
- Accept our apologies.▼
- Oscar, Rhys...
What am I supposed to do with you two?▼
Sigh... I think I'll leave you two to the
commander. He'll know how to handle you,
I'm sure. Now, let's find Mist and Rolf.▼
- According to the bandit chief,
they're in that shack back--▼
- What? Mist!▼
- Please, let us go!
I said let us go!▼
- Brother! Everyone!
- Oh...I'm scared.▼
I'm here, too!▼
- Stop crying! You don't need to
worry! We'll get you outta there!▼
- That's right! Buck up, buddy!▼
- Uh... I'll try!▼
- You! Harm either of them,
and I'll see you dead!▼
- Shut up! Shut your stinking trap!▼
If you want these two alive, you'll
throw your weapons down.
If you don't, I'll start with the girl...▼
- Eek! No!!!▼
- I'm putting down my weapons.
- Heh...heh heh.
Smart move, wench!▼
- Deputy Commander...▼
- We're here to save them.
Now all of you back off.▼
- This stinks!▼
- Heh heh heh... All right,
so now you're all unarmed.▼
Which means...all you can do
is watch while I gut this whiny
brat like a fatling pig!▼
- Arrr... Uhh......▼
- Ohh... Uhnnng...▼
- Rolf! Can you hear me?▼
- Mist! Is Rolf-- Is he...▼
- He's fine. He just fainted is all.
There's not a scratch on him.▼
Don't do that to me.▼
- I'm just glad to see you both alive
and well... You're both so brave.▼
- Yep! Thanks.▼
- This guy's dead.
This arrow--who shot it?▼
- A single arrow, right between the
eyes? Who else could make a shot
like that? No one, that's who!▼
- That voice!▼
- Don't you children owe me a little
gratitude? I did just save your lives.▼
- Deputy Commander...Shinon...hah...hah...
You're both so cruel. With this armor on,
you know I can't run that fast...▼
- Shinon! Gatrie!▼
- So, that's where you went, Titania?▼
- Of course. I knew we'd need reinforcements.
I'm glad it wasn't a waste of time.▼
Well done, both of you.▼
- In the end, I got to feather someone.
So it was worth the rush.▼
- All I...did...was sweat...
You did well, Sis.
You must have been frightened.▼
- Uh-huh... Uh-huh!
I never stopped believing.▼
I knew that you and the others
would come and rescue us.
I knew you'd come!▼
So, I was fine!▼
That's an improvement on your usual
sobbing and nose-running.▼
- You jerk!
I... My nose does not run!▼
- All right, come on!
Let's head for home.▼
What a day this has been.▼