Chapter 1: The Battle Begins
北米版ファイアーエムブレム蒼炎の軌跡「Path of Radiance」の章会話（第1章 初陣）。
- Good morning, Ike. Today's your first day
as a professional soldier, isn't it?▼
- Yeah, and I'm ready to go.▼
- What you are is late. The others were
suited up and ready at the break of dawn.▼
- Sorry. I'll get up earlier from now on.
So, what's my first job?▼
- I'm talking with Titania right now.
Wait outside until we're done.▼
- Yes, sir.▼
- Very well, Commander Greil,
shall we continue?▼
- You were telling me about some bandits
that needed taking care of, weren't you?▼
- Correct. The request comes from a
nearby village. According to our reports,
the bandits are not all that strong.▼
I think it best if I ride out and take a look.
I plan on taking Oscar and Boyd
along with me.▼
- Just the brothers? Hm. Go ahead and
add Ike to your team.▼
Shinon, Gatrie, and I can handle the
other two jobs easily enough.▼
Titania, I'm leaving Ike in your care.
I'm trusting you to show him the ropes.▼
- Understood, Commander.▼
- Come on, Ike. Let's get you set up.▼
- All right... My first job.▼
- Captain Titania.
Preparations are complete,
and I'm ready to go.▼
- Impeccable timing.
It's nice to know we can always count
on you to be at the ready, Oscar.▼
- Don't forget about me!
I'm ready for action!▼
- Is that so, Boyd?
That's a surprise.▼
- Ha! Not today it isn't.▼
As of today, I am going to be the
absolute model of perfection.
I need to set a good example for Ike!▼
- I'll take your word for it.▼
- Your first campaign at last.
I know you've wanted this for
a while. Are you nervous, Ike?▼
- I think I was more nervous
last night. I could hardly sleep.▼
This morning, I'm feeling pretty
good. It's the calm before the storm.▼
- You should try to relax. You're not
going to be out there alone.▼
- Yeah, you're right.▼
- Right. Everyone ready? Let's go.▼
- All right, let me explain what's
This is a map of Caldea. They've
hired us to drive off some bandits.▼
We're the blue marks here.▼
The red dots are the bandits.▼
There aren't many of them, but we
can't get careless. The one in front of
the building up north is their leader.▼
Our mission is to take him out
and recapture that building.▼
- Ike! Listen up!
All this stuff is old news to me, but I
can give a rookie like you a few tips.▼
First off, don't let yourself get worked
up and jump out in front of everyone.
You'll just end up getting hurt.▼
- Don't try to do too much, Ike.
When things get dangerous,
you can--and should--rely on us.▼
As long as you watch how the enemy
moves carefully, you'll be fine.
Think of this as a training mission.▼
- I'll do that.
Oscar, Boyd, thanks
for your help.▼
- Don't mention it.▼
- Just sit back and watch how
a professional handles things!▼
- Enough chitchat, you three!
We've got work to do!▼
- Ike, before you engage an enemy,
take a good look at his weapon.▼
The weapon you use often determines
who has the upper hand in a fight.▼
For example, the axe I'm wielding
serves me well against lances,
but it fares less well against swords.▼
- And my lance is great against
swords, but not against axes.
And to complete the triangle...▼
- Ah! My sword. It's strong against
axes but weak against lances. Right?▼
- Yes, exactly.
If you can remember that,
you'll be more effective in combat.▼
- That's just the basics, though.
This'll come in handy
soon enough, so don't forget it.▼
- Swords over axes... I won't forget.
Not if I remember that I'll always
have the advantage over you, Boyd.▼
- Do you think you could maybe find
a different way of remembering?
- And one more thing...
Don't forget to visit the locals.▼
We're here to help, after all. The
villagers should welcome our presence.▼
- What's going on out there?
Is that some sort of army?▼
Pah. A bunch of mercenaries
looking for their next meal.
The villagers must've hired 'em.▼
Listen up, lads!
Hurt 'em, and hurt 'em bad!▼
We let this bunch live, and we'll
have hordes of hired swords
hounding us for the rest of our days!▼
- It's those fool villagers...▼
They think they can buy a bunch of
sellswords to chase us away. It ain't
gonna work out how they wanted.▼
All they get for their trouble is a
bunch of ruined houses. Tear
'em down, boys! That'll teach 'em!▼
- My work here is done.
This house is totalled!▼
Time to move on to bigger things.
Now, I smash me some mercenaries.▼
- Ah, you're with the mercenaries, right?
Thank you for coming.▼
We've heard a lot about you.
Here, take this weapon.▼
We're farmers, not fighters. Maybe
you'll get some use from it.▼
（You got a Steel Sword）
- Since these bandits took over, we
can't even sleep at night.▼
Help us save our village.▼
Here. My mother left me this.
I hope it serves you well.▼
（You got a Seraph Robe）
- Hey, you're nothing but a boy.
Well, every brat needs a beating
now and then. Are you ready for it?▼
- Not today.
If you want to run away,
now's your chance.▼
- Heh heh heh. Imagine that, you
sassing me, Don't that beat all?▼
- You looking for something, fool?
You looking for a fight?▼
Heh heh... You came to the right
place. I'll give you a tussle!▼
I...I'm meant for better than this...
I don't want to die here...▼
- That's the end of it. Ike, are you all right?▼
- Yeah, I'll be fine.▼
- You know, you surprised me.
To think that you've come so far.▼
- Look at my father, though.
I've still got such a long way to go.▼
- There's nothing you can do about that.
After all, Commander Greil is--▼
- Huh? What about my father?▼
- Oh, nothing.▼
- "Nothing"? Now I'm really curious.▼
- Don't worry. You'll learn all about it someday.▼
- Hey, Ike! That wasn't bad for your first battle.
Not as flashy as my first time, though!▼
- Yeah, you were a real standout.
I'll never forget the sight of you so
keyed up you broke your own axe.▼
- Oscar! Dang it!
You didn't have to bring that up!▼
- Anyway, Ike. Congrats on finishing
you first mission.▼
Welcome to the group.▼
- Everyone's all right? Then let's get going.
I'm sure Mist has a nice, hot meal
waiting for us.▼